I have not known you for long
A proof of my young and tender bones 
I have not talked to you for numerous times 
Nor have I ever presented a gift for you
But I remember the frequent times I greeted you Uncle, 
I remember seeing you under the tree 
Of perfect health and of fine physique
I remember the early days 
How you taught my cousin the good ways
Uncle, if it is the west You’ll be the sunset 
Just as the dusk fades in the horizon 
And so is a beautiful wilting rose 
Uncle, if I was to be given a count Of able men who braced difficulty 
You’ll be rated the top 
Uncle, you educated my beloved cousins 
Uncle, you fed the population in the ‘boma’ 
Until nature took its course 
And there you were, with ailing health
Uncle, the sun must set and rise again 
And we thank God for both the occurrences 
We can’t change the course of nature 
But we can respect and appreciate you works on earth 
That’s why uncle
I took my quill and parchment 
To write a piece of honor for you 
And truly uncle, you died a hero!

0 Responses

Post a Comment